Thursday, February 12, 2009

Still jobless and looking for adventure

Well, I'm still looking for a job. Not too much else going on. I have another alpha meeting tonight that I'm going to try work around. I missed last week due to something else I had to do (I can't recall what that was...). I plan on going to another part of town tonight to pass out resumes. Going to try Giant Tiger and the other stores around there.

And a few good links:
This guy, Graham Hughes is trying to set foot in every country on the planet in one year. Think he can do it? Subscribe to him and follow his journey.
http://www.youtube.com/user/thatgingerscouser

Then there's Rob Lilwall, who cycled home to London, England from Siberia. It took him about three years to do.
http://www.cyclinghomefromsiberia.com


And while you're at it, check out my new website: http://www.niagaraunicycleclub.com/

I'm really inspired by these people. I'm promising myself that I am going to go on some epic adventure at some point in my life. The Niagara to Montreal ride will be a taste of what will come in the future.

Man, the last few days have been awesome to ride. I broke out my 36er and I've been riding around Welland. The downside is that its been quite wet... It was raining all day yesterday and I couldn't get out to do anything. But I'm going out tonight to ride a bit before the alpha meeting, and as I said, I'm going to go hand out resumes and pretty much beg for a job.

I might have a place to live lined up for next year. AJ is trying to get me to live with him and a bunch of people from the TWIG. I think I'm going to go for it, even though it's a little more expensive than my current position, I want to live with people I'm familiar with and I know I'll get along with.

No comments: