Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Rent and Dance Parties

Well, it's almost 3am on a Thursday. Just finishing off my lead class discussion about Tasers. I think it'll go well... I'm probably going to be BSing my way through it for the most part, but I think I know what I'm talking about.

Friday night, on my birthday, was interesting. I had a few drinks for the first and last time. I wouldn't say it was a bad experience, but alcohol is not something I want to be involved with. I thought I'd just take the fact that my friends were willing to pay for me and use it just to see how well I'd handle it. It was an experiment for myself. I didn't get too drunk that I wouldn't remember it, so I know what happened.

Still planning on going to Montreal in the summer. I signed a lease to a new apartment, so I have to plan the ride before or after I move in... As I think of it, after might be the better choice, that way I can do it without having to worry too much about a deadline other than the beginning of the next school year. So, I guess I'll be planning the ride for early August. Also, I was talking with the TWIG crew and Mike "The Birdman" Dodd might be able to get a camera for me to vlog my trip as well as blog it. I've been thinking of getting a smaller computer for the trip, too. I like this one, but it's very big and I don't think i use it to it's full potential. I might end up selling it after I get it fixed. There are a few neat subnotes I've been looking at that have a much longer battery life, too.

Other uni news... I was interviewed by my friend Mike for a story he's writing for the Niagara College newspaper. We talked for a good two hours about unicycling and I believe he got most of it on tape... That'll be interesting to sift through. He also took some pictures of me riding. T'was good.

On the 21st, the day after my birthday, Mike, Ken and I went up to Toronto to participate in the Toronto Subway Dance Party. It was one of those flashmob things. I helped out as one of the leaders of a train car full of people. We started off with one person dancing and then as we stopped at each station, we had more join in until we were all dancing. The great thing about it was that there were a few people on the trains who had no idea what was going on. We were all dancing to music on our mp3 players, so it looked like we were dancing to music that wasn't there. The group "Improv in Toronto" organized it and it looks like they are going to organize another one in the summer. Definitely going to that one, and hopefully there will be an even bigger crowd of people.

No comments: