Sunday, January 20, 2008

Trying out Blogger.com

Haha! Trying out Blogger.com now. We'll see how this works. I'm just going to post stuff from the last few days of LJ.

Jan. 18th, 2008

Looking for Sponsorship

I may eventually be sponsored in part by my old co-op placement. Basically I'll advertise for them by wearing a cycling jersey with their website on it or something. Need to work things out with that. Got some good tips for who to try get sponsorships from. :D
Talked to Ben Dunn and my brother about perhaps being a candidate for our fourth team member for Ride The Lobster.

Also, I'm in the process of figuring out where I want to go for school. Looking into film, radio or recording. Hopefully I'll get this all figured out before the deadline.

Jan. 17th, 2008

I have returned

Well, it looks like that "tomorrow" from my last post has come almost two years later. A lot has happened in that time... And I'm not going to post it due to just writing about now.

Lets see... Recently, I have been starting to get ready for an event in the summer that I will hopefully participate in. It is the first event of it's kind and it has the unusual name of "Ride The Lobster". To plainly put it, it is an 800km relay race that will take place over five days in June. But that's not the best part. The best part is that it is all being done on unicycles. Also, another fine bit of it is that it is all going to be done in Nova Scotia.
I started unicycling exactly five months ago minus a day. I can't believe how well this sport works for me. It's unusual, fun, and very healthy. I have two unicycles in my arsenal at the moment: A basic beginner 24-inch wheel, and one with a 19-inch trials wheel. Within the next month I plan to have a unicycle 36-inch wheel in order to participate in Ride The Lobster.

I suppose I'm going to use this LJ account to post my progress in working toward the race and various other things.

My to do list before the race:

- Get 36-inch unicycle (commonly known as a "Coker").
- Do my two-day qualifying ride.
- Put together a four person team with three riders and one support.
- Figure out getting there and back
- Work toward getting a sponsor.

I think I already have my riding team set up except for the support person. Eric Evenchick from Ottawa and Nick Allred from somewhere in the US about an hour away from Washington DC. Anyone who is interested in being a support person to help us during the race... Please contact me :D

I have contacted JustOneWheel.com and I could either get my uni now with a steel rim or wait until February for the "Top Secret" aluminum rim. I'm choosing to wait for the aluminum rim because it's a lot lighter and a lot better to handle. Sure it costs a little more, but it's worth it so the wheel keeps straight and the speed I'll gain due to lost weight.

For those of you reading this who don't know much about unicycling, just know this: It's not just for the circus anymore.



----------------
Now playing: Cloud Cult - Transistor Radio
via FoxyTunes


No comments: